London is one of the most diverse cities in the whole world. The city is home to hundreds of cultures. Every year, millions of people visit London, some for business while others for pleasure. Whichever the case may be, one cannot leave London without enjoying its beautiful sights. Those on their own tourism agenda are usually aware of dozens of the city’s tourist spots. But those on a short business trip often lose the chance to see the beauty of this city due to lack of knowledge about its tourist spots. For example, everyone knows to see the beauty of mesmerizing London Bridge, but other important places are usually missed.
Here are five places which must be on your travel bucket list when visiting London in order to have the best travel experience:
- Tower of London: It is one of the oldest historical monuments in the whole of the UK. It was built approximately 1,000 years ago and played a key role in various historical wars. This castle is located in Central London and is on river Thames’ bank. Every year approximately 2.5 million people visit this historical site. It is divided into various core parts including the White Tower, inner ward, and the outer ward.
- British Museum: Museums are present in almost every big city in the world. However, this 262 years old museum is one of the biggest museums in the world as it has almost 8 million artifacts in total. These include artifacts and masterworks from every category of art, history, and culture. The attractiveness of this place can be ascertained from the fact that it hosted more than 6.7 million visitors last year. The museum is located at Great Russell Street in London and can be easily accessed through various tube and bus stations.
- Buckingham Palace: Most people are aware of the name and importance of this place as it is the home of her majesty, the Queen of the United Kingdom. The palace is more than 300 years old and it can be a great treat to have its tour. The ceremony of changing of the Guards at Buckingham Palace is especially known to be very attractive for foreigners. However, it is highly recommended to confirm the dates of this ceremony as it is not held every day of the year.
- Coca-Cola London Eye: Coca-Cola London Eye, or often simply referred to as London Eye, has attained a central position in modern-day London’s tourism. Located at River Thames’ South bank, the London Eye is basically a gigantic Ferris wheel. This huge wheel is 135 meters in height and 120 meters in its diameter. It was opened in 2000 for the general public and since then it has become a huge tourist spot. At the same time, however, every day thousands of local people also visit the place. London Eye is undoubtedly one of those places which a true pleasure seeking human being can never afford to miss, especially when he or she is already in London. Westminster, Charing Cross, Waterloo and Embankment are the closest London Underground stations.
- Madame Tussauds: Madame Tussauds is a very attractive tourist spot in London. Basically, it is a museum and is known for recreating wax models of various celebrities. These life-size models are indeed very attractive to watch. It has dozens of such models and some of the famous celebrities-models may include those of Muhammad Ali, Albert Einstein, Amitabh Bachchan, Bruce Willis, Benedict Cumberbatch, Brad Pitt, Iron Man, The Hulk, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Justin Bieber, Queen Elizabeth II, Mahatma Gandhi, Muhammad Ali Jinnah, Nelson Mandela and Barack Obama.
While London has a vast array of iconic sights for tourists from every continent, there are a few sights which provide the true London experience. Whether grabbing a quick selfie or postcard to staying to tour these great London sights, these are a few of the best-traveled areas in the United Kingdom.